It is estimated that there are 545 million people in the world (7.39% of the world population) with a chronic respiratory disease. All of them must take special care so as not to aggravate their condition, in addition to the call of the WHO is that any human being take care to avoid the risks of starting to suffer from a disease of this type.
That is why it is important to talk about how harmful the air or vapor that you breathe while taking a shower can be. Chlorine is one of the most widely used disinfectants in public and drinking water treatment systems. It is used to kill microorganisms that can affect health, but this also means that the chemical is found in the water used for cleaning food, washing hands, and bathing. Have you ever tasted or smell chlorine in your shower water? It is likely yes.
Now, when you take hot showers and generate steam, you may be breathing in chlorine particles, as they easily evaporate in the water – especially in showers that have high pressure and create large amounts of steam, further increasing the chances of breathing chlorine in bathroom air.
What makes the situation worse is that, in general, any person bathes with the door and windows closed, causing the vapor with the chlorine particles to be enclosed in small spaces, resulting in a person inhaling a higher percentage of harmful vapor.
So all those people with medical predispositions or acute respiratory diseases can counteract these particles and protect their condition in an effective way by using filters for showers, since the chlorine generated when bathing would become a catalyst to generate even more damage to health.
On the other hand, chlorine in shower water can react with other compounds or by-products of disinfection, these compounds can also be breathed in and are harmful to health. Some of these by-products are trihalomethanes (THM) and haloacetic acids (HAA).
Although chlorine is effective in killing microorganisms, long-term exposure could have counterproductive effects on the respiratory system. Some people may experience coughing, shortness of breath, and wheezing after breathing chlorine in the shower. In addition, it can irritate the eyes and skin, especially to those who have to take special care in their skin care due to medical conditions.
How to reduce exposure to chlorine in the shower? One of the most recommended solutions is to install a shower filter. These accessories have the ability to remove disinfection byproducts and reduce the amount of chlorine that evaporates into the air. They can also help minimize skin and eye irritation.
Another option is to limit shower time and water temperature. Shorter showers and lower water temperatures can reduce the amount of chlorine that evaporates into the air. In addition, the bathroom can be ventilated by opening a window or turning on a fan to circulate the air and minimize the concentration of chlorine.
At Sanaté we have different solutions that will reduce the percentage of chlorine particles you breathe when you shower, thanks to quality filters. In this way, the opportunity to discover the power of water in its natural state opens up!
Bathing daily helps maintain ideal personal hygiene and relax throughout the day. Many times you don't think about the benefits that beyond cleaning it manages to have.
- Avoid skin irritation: pure water or water with low levels of chemicals such as chlorine and other disinfectants helps reduce irritation and dry skin, since it is necessary for its hydration.
- Prevents health problems: tap water containing bacteria, viruses and other contaminants can be harmful to health. Bathing in pure or filtered water helps prevent exposure to these contaminants and reduces the risk of infection and disease.
- Hydration: Skin needs water to stay hydrated and healthy. When dehydrated, it becomes dry and rough, which can lead to flaking, itchiness, and premature aging. The water helps keep it flexible, which improves its appearance and texture.
- Cleansing: Washing your face with water removes impurities, excess oil, and dead skin cells. Minimizes the risk of acne, irritation and other problems.
- Circulation: it is an essential element to improve the blood circulation of the skin. This means that more nutrients and oxygen reach the cells, making the whole body healthier.
- Temperature regulation: the purer the water, the more it helps to regulate body temperature through sweating, and is necessary to produce sweat and cool the body.
- Increases hair protection: when water contains concentrations of minerals such as calcium and magnesium, it can cause hair problems such as residue accumulation and dryness. So having water in its natural state prevents these problems and keeps hair soft and shiny.
- Protect the environment: it is a way to contribute to caring for the planet. Bathing with pure water minimizes the amount of chemicals that are released into the environment; thereby contributing to the care of ecosystems and reducing air and water pollution.
In conclusion, chlorine in shower water is a concern for many people. Filters are powerful tools and are easy to install, Sanaté products take no more than 30 seconds to set up and no one is required to pay someone to do the installation. It is important to take steps to protect health and reduce exposure to chemicals in water and other environments where treated water is used.
With our filters chlorine and other impurities that directly affect health are reduced, it is time to take the test and observe improvements in the condition of the skin and hair from the first showers.